This course has been specifically designed around the key learning outcomes from the nationally recognised Use hygienic practices for food safety SITXFSA001.
Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety (SITXFSA001)
- Course must be updated every 5 years
- Delivery – 4 hour face to face classroom course
This course has been specifically designed around the key learning outcomes from the nationally recognised ‘Use hygienic practices for food safety SITXFSA001’.
It is written to suit people who wish to work in the Hospitality or Tourism industry. It will provide valuable knowledge for staff members who are involved in the preparation or serving of food, bar staff, kitchen and wait staff.
For the purposes of food safety, this unit only has application to hospitality, commercial catering and retail venues where food is stored, prepared, displayed and served. It will apply to any venue that operates a permanent or temporary kitchen or smaller food preparation area, such as restaurants, cafes, clubs, hotels, attractions, events and conference venues, fast-food restaurants, retail food outlets such as sandwich shops and food court outlets.
This basic food hygiene unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to apply good hygiene practices within a range of service industry operations. It requires the ability to follow procedures, identify and control simple hazards and take particular hygiene measures to ensure the non-contamination of food and other items that might put customers, colleagues and yourself at a health risk.
Summary of the Course Contents
- Personal hygiene
- Food preparation an processing
- Cross contamination
- Temperature control
- Cleaning and waste control requirements
- Follow workplace hygiene procedures in accordance with the industry standard and legal requirements of (HACPP)
- Handle / store items in accordance with the correct standard and legal requirements
- Identify potential hygiene risks and look at ways to minimise or remove the risk in accordance with legal requirements
- Learn how to report and document incidents or risks to comply with legal requirements
The above course will be conducted by industry professionals who are fully accredited trainers.
- Student handbook issued to all students at face to face training course
- Power Point slide presentation or interactive online course
- Assessment will be by group discussion and a theory examination at the completion of the course
Upon successful completion of the above course students receive the following Statement of Attainment: Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety (SITXFSA001)
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Nationally Recognised Certification
- Liquor & Gaming Approved
- Highly Experienced Trainers
- Multiple Locations
- Face-to-Face Courses
- Discount for Group Bookings