Face to Face Course:
- Delivery – 6 hour face to face classroom course
- Price includes $30.00 Photo Competency card fee
This course is valid within the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and is delivered by online eLearning so you can study and complete your course entirely at your convenience and at your own pace.
RCG Certification – Responsible Conduct of Gambling (SITHGAM001) NSW
By law all full-time, part time and casual hospitality staff and promotional personal, directors and volunteers that work or are involved in gambling and gaming related functions or duties must complete the accredited course in Responsible Conduct of Gambling (SITHGAM001).
This includes but is not limited to
- Club secretaries
- Club directors
- Service staff
- Security staff
- Promotional staff
Operational job roles would include gaming attendant, table game attendant, croupier and multi-skilled food and beverage attendant.
Coast to Country Training Services RCG is fully approved by the and the Office of Liquor Gaming and Racing and is recognised by ASQA.
Once you have successfully completed Coast to Country Training Services Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) course you will receive your statement of attainment. You can then apply for your photo competency card at your nearest Service NSW.
The NSW RCG course (SITHGAM001) is state based legislation and only valid in NSW.
This course describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to provide responsible gambling services, and information to customers who require assistance with their problem gambling. The Responsible conduct of gambling course also relates to satisfying the requirements for providing responsible gambling services under state and territory legislation.
The terms used to describe this vary across state and territory regulatory bodies and can include responsible conduct of gambling (RCG) and responsible service of gaming or responsible service of gambling (RSG).
Responsible gambling services must be provided wherever gambling activities are undertaken. In the hospitality industry, the gambling environment is usually referred to as the gaming area and is provided in a range of venues such as hotels, motels, clubs, pubs and casinos.
Gambling is defined as the risking of money on uncertain events driven by chance. The major forms of gambling are wagering (racing and sport) and gaming (gaming machines, table games, Keno and lotteries). Both forms of gambling are relevant to the hospitality industry.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Nationally Recognised Certification
- Liquor & Gaming Approved
- Highly Experienced Trainers
- Multiple Locations
- Face-to-Face Courses
- Discount for Group Bookings
Check out our FAQs or call our friendly support team.
Summary of the Course Contents
- Context of problem gambling and statistics relating to problem gambling
- Impacts associated to problem gambling i.e. impacts to: community, individuals, families, licenses premises, staff and the gaming industry.
- Comprehensive look at the legislative framework (Gambling laws)
- Ethical approach to promotion of gambling
- Prevention strategies to reduce problem gambling
- Overview of benefits to the community, Individuals, families, licensed premises and staff and the gambling industry that can be achieved by following and implementing a responsible gambling approach.
- The responsible provision of gambling services is an essential skill for any level of hospitality personnel involved in the sale and service of gambling activities in licensed premises, including the licensee, gaming supervisors and gaming managers when involved in operational gambling activities.